About April L. Teja
April L. Teja
Founder, HK & Indonesia
Drive growth strategy and lead execution for client projects and the company, with deep expertise in sales & marketing and retail digital innovation.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Bachelor of Social Science
Major in Government & Public Administration.
Minor in European Studies
Tsinghua University, Beijing
Bachelor of China Law
April is the Founder and Principal Consultant in Aello. Her expertise includes formulating market-entry strategy, forming cross-border partnerships, building channel capabilities and planning business roadmaps with analytics whilst bringing political-economic perspectives into the commercial picture.
She has advised both international, SME and start-up companies on strategy, product line extension, pricing, consumer experience and go-to-market execution.
Prior to founding Aello, she worked with international companies including DFS (LVMH Group), Lane Crawford, M&C Saatchi, Brandimage SGK and South China Morning Post where she gained both in-house and consulting experiences. She had managed more than a hundred projects in APAC and served clients including P&G, Danone, Unilever, Nestle, Colgate, GSK, Pfizer, Knorr, Dulux, Coca Cola, Heineken, Lee Kum Kee, Prudential, Groupama, Sheraton, JW Marriot, Mandarin Oriental, Air China, Piaget, Shiseido, Godiva, Mikimoto, Puma, MCM, Ralph Lauren, Tumi, Ted Baker, K11, HULA and many more.
April also co-founded LCFXpro in 2019, an Indonesia-based foreign exchange subscription and online coaching business acquired members from more than 40 countries.
She is a frequent speaker on retail innovation and has spoken to industry professionals, business owners, university lecturers and students.
Examples of her recent client work include the following:
- Transforming the merchandising plan, pricing and customer experience for a retail and F&B group in Indonesia.
- Leading the social media programs for fashion watch brands and launching on ASEAN e-commerce platforms.
- Orchestrating the retail and F&B customer experience for a premium cycling company in Indonesia.
- Developing and launching a Vietnamese coffee brand for a B2B business to expand to B2C market outside of Vietnam.
- Leading the pre-opening marketing planning, re-branding exercise, brand partnership negotiations and team training at a luxury retailer in Vietnam.
- Leading a digital and social media acceleration program of a sustainable fashion start-up in Hong Kong.
- Developing travel retail partners in HK and South East Asia for a Beijing-based technology start-up.
- Formulating a global sales strategy and change program, managing end-to-end implementation for a ceramic art business with bases in HK and China.